Wednesday 2 December 2015

From black holes to pot holes

From black holes to pot holes
Have you heard of Worcestershire? Most of you in the western hemisphere know it as a county in England. Most of the cricket followers also know that it is famous in the English county cricket circuit. After all, Indian stars like Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan, have played for this county.
But today I had a great laugh when I read an article on Worcestershire. And why not? Now you all know why satellites are blasted into space. There are many reasons... For communications, for weather forecasting, for research, so on and so forth. But the authorities in Worcestershire have come up with a very unique reason... They want to find out pot holes on their roads!! Imagine!!! I mean, of all the things, why would any one wants to use a satellite to discover pot holes. Using a satellite to act as a telescope and look for black holes is one thing but this altogether a different league. After all, the pot holes on Indian roads will be visible with the naked eyes even if you go to the heights reached by satellites. I understand, Neil Armstrong could see these pot holes even from the moon... OK, I am exaggerating. But then I thought, England is a rich country and Worcestershire must be a rich county... But then I read that the people of Worcestershire have taken this news very badly and are protesting about this extravagant use of their hard earned tax money. They have become very intolerant and say that they will return their awards, if the government goes ahead with its plans.
Hence I suggest that we, the people in India, take out candle light marches, as a mark of support to the affected people of Worcestershire. And I am sure, that when the time arises, the people of Worcestershire will also rise in support of the Indian masses who are affected by pot holes so large, that entire trucks and buses are gobbled up and disappear without a trace, into these black holes.
So come one come all.
Yatin

No comments:

Mumbai - 2025

Mumbai - 2025 I am wandering through the lanes of my place of birth, Dadar, getting nostalgic about the days gone by. Hindu colony and my ...