Friday 11 January 2019

Sterilization

From the title, you would think I am going to sermonize. But I have not joined any administrative service so why should I? Neither have I a target for sterilization. After sterilizing his own species to control population explosion and then using this weapon to sterilize his pets, man was itching to apply this birth control method on sundry species on the planet. So a search started for the most dangerous pests. And which other species is dangerous as well as a pain in the neck for the humans? The tiny mosquito, of course! In addition to stinging on all areas of the body, this pest has a tendency to buzz around the human ears, that too, in the dead of the night, acting like an alarm clock. And finally today, it made it to the news. The final frontier has been crossed. A protein has been found. And also a way to block the protein has been found too. Apparently it works like this. With whatever chemicals the scientists work with, a protein is blocked and this results in faulty eggs in which the mosquito embryo does not develop. And more than that, the female mosquito is rendered unable to concieve again in her three week life. So is it possible that in a few years there won't be any mosquitoes left on Earth? I think not, the mosquitoes might turn into a Super Bug. Yatindra Tawde

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice post

Mumbai - 2025

Mumbai - 2025 I am wandering through the lanes of my place of birth, Dadar, getting nostalgic about the days gone by. Hindu colony and my ...